In this blog post, we’re going to learn how to build a website that converts like crazy! But first, here’s some food for thought: You
HOW TO PREPARE FOR A REBRAND: 3 steps to ensure success
How to prepare for a rebrand: 3 Steps to Ensure Success
You’ve decided your business needs a rebrand, now what?!
Rebrands are costly, time-consuming, and a lot of work that’s why you’ve put it off until now!
Before you run out there and start looking for the right branding partner, here are 3 internal steps you need to take first.
1) Define Your Goals, Budget & Timeline
What are the outcomes you are expecting to achieve with a successful rebrand? Put these objectives down on paper!
How much will it cost and how long will it take. Both depend greatly on the size and complexity of your business as well as the nature of your products or service.
2) Gather Existing Marketing Assets
An essential part of any rebrand is the brand audit.
Items that you’ll want to round up and secure in a central location include logos, letterhead & stationery, PowerPoint presentations, brochures, flyers, newsletters, invoices, sample emails, reports, photography, videos, employee and client communication, and signage.
Only by understanding where your brand is currently can you effectively plan for where it will be in the future.
3. Find the Right Branding Partner
If you were my best friend coming to me for advice on how to hire someone in my space in a way that was smart and budget-friendly, here’s what I’d tell you to ask everyone you’re considering for the job.
Be sure to ask these questions before signing a contract and your chances of a successful partnership will go way up.
- How do you approach a new project?
- What is the timeline for a project like this?
- Can you explain your process?
- What is your workload like?
- How would other clients describe working with you?
Before you pull the trigger be sure to do your own research.
Does this branding partner have:
- values and a culture that align with yours?
- a strong brand themselves?
- the latest design software and professional training?
- a strategic process driven by research and data?
- senior-level talent and expertise?
- a track record of success and a detailed portfolio/case studies?
- experience in creative execution in a variety of media?
By following the steps outlined above, you’ll set yourself and your business up for success!
Be sure to ‘like’ if you found this post helpful and hit the follow button for more strategic branding tips for small business owners!
Have more questions on how to prepare for a rebrand or a general branding question? Drop it in the comments.
Difference Between A Vision and Mission Statement: 10 seriously inspiring examples Mission, vision, values. You’ve probably heard the terms countless times, but what do they
Subscribe to my Blog!
Join my email list and get access to all my brand secrets for FREE!
*You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.